Forshee

scrabble letter F metal type letter o The alphabet - the letter R S H letter E letter E

Saturday, January 29, 2011

After 11 Tools Reflections

My favorite tools in my toolbox are Video Resources and apps for I-Touches.
These are my favorites because Google Video and U-Tube will enable me to access information that I cannot find on Brainpop, Springbranch Video Streaming or the Sweden folder. This will be especially useful as our Science Curriculum has changed this year and it is sometimes difficult to find the necessary information for lessons.
The apps for I-Touches are a great tool for the students because their parents have I-phones and they know how to work them so they learn and enjoy the apps with their center partners.
I will observe my students using the I-touches in Center times to make sure that they are being used in the correct manner and that the students are following the rules of digital etiquette and learning what I have assigned.
My thinking has changed as a result of these tools because it has brought me up to date with the rest of the world on technology in the 21th Century because I was not aware of all of these possible technology tools and their possible benefits to my teaching. I feel that I am more of a facilitator now who will promote these tools for students to use independently in the classroom.
An unexpected outcome for this program is that I find that I would like to more fully explore many of these technology tools but I don't have enough time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment